Thursday 21 January 2010

Double take

I celebrate my return to you from my evil family home in King's Lynn by posting a list of some of the utterly improbable films which were at least partially shot there:


Extraordinarily enough, that was Out of Africa. Huh?


That was Martin Chuzzlewit. Well, that at least kind of makes sense, what with all the Georgian architecture (David Copperfield was short there, too).


That was Revolution. King's Lynn standing in for revolutionary-era New York, complete with Al Pacino and Native Americans:


The Silver Fleet. Lynn stood-in for I think it was The Netherlands in the Nazi Era:


The Samurai:


What?

Is it any wonder I'm so utterly bewildered now, having been raised in the bosom of that insanity?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn's a decent looking town, even if out on the sticks - thank your stars it wasn't Scunthorpe, Leigh, Sunderland or the Potteries amongst many of UK's beauty spots!

Chris said...

Hey - it can't be that bad. I saw the Queen went there for Christmas too!?