Tuesday 27 October 2009

Gleefull

I posted a couple of Youtube videos on Normal for Norfolk about this...


This is the world of Glee, a Kids from Fame spoof that is clearly teen crud but which is also witty, smart and sexy.


Well, she's not sexy, obviously, being the school counsellor who's an OCD/hygiene obsessive as well as being squeaky clean morally speaking.


But he is, his Mohican hairstyle not distracting from the Mrs Robinson scenario. While this fine chap provides the out gay boy plot that was always missing from those other performing kids programmes:


And the musical numbers, which usually annoy me in, er, musicals, are here essential to the plot so, just like Cabaret, they feel natural and appropriate.


For some reason this guy reminds me of Chris Klein, the dumb jock from Election who pitted himself against Reece Witherspoon's wiles. And lost. This chap plays a dumb jock who, er, comes up against the wiles of the determined teacher and, luckily for us, loses.


But if my teacher looked like this, I'd give in, too:


The downsides? It's produced by Fox, so any support we give it goes to the evil Murdoch. Er... and it's not available on DVD yet.


Still, that's something to look forward to.

2 comments:

FKJ said...

just saw puck-centric episode 8 and it was FAB.
puck is the hottie with the mohack. he gets me vote.

LeDuc said...

Yeah, he gets my vote too. Just call me Mrs Robinson.