Tuesday 30 March 2010

It may be big but is it clever?

I had a perplexing encounter with someone who wanted to tell me about his macrophilia.


This, he said, was a fetish where he derived sexual pleasure from imagining himself to be a tiny little person, just a few inches high, at the mercy of a giant (ie, a normal size) gay man.


Being a bit of a pompous knob, I couldn't help questioning whether macrophilia could properly be defined as a fetish (since it was both unachievable and not directed at an inanimate object); rather, wasn't it a fantasy? Unsurprisingly, he wasn't very interested in the semantics.


He showed me some pictures and asked what I thought. I said they just made me think of Gulliver's Travels and, regretably, I never found that book sexually arousing.

Somehow I feel as if I failed him.

No comments: