Saturday 20 March 2010

Prejudice

Regular readers will, by now, know that I have strong if not necessarily well-founded views (I prefer not to use the ugly word "prejudices") about an improbably vast range of things.


But I try hard not to let those prejudices overwhelm my selection of topics or pictures for Reciprocating Motion.


While you may not have expected me to feature this delightful-looking creature, largely because of the sparseness of his body hair, in this instance I think it is a natural thing rather than self-inflicted. It is not his fault.


I like to think the same open-mindedness pervades my blindness to cut/uncut status: it is clearly unfortunate that so many men were mutilated as babies when they had no say in the matter, but it is not their fault.


There are limits, of course (as you'll doubtless have observed, people who start a subject by informing you that "they are not prejudiced" almost immediately follow that statement with a "but")...


And I am finding this poor chap's unfortunate and doubtless coincidental resemblance to the folk-singing Hitler Youth in Cabaret rather harder to swallow.

Does that make me a bad person?

3 comments:

Lee said...

It makes you unfair.

LeDuc said...

Whiner!

Self-effacing ghost said...

The Nazis stole and discredited an important chunk of gay iconography. It needs to be reclaimed.