Saturday 8 May 2010

Pawn takes queen

Can I introduce Ken Rogoff who's a professor of Economics at Harvard, and in an earlier life was one of the directors of the IMF?


He's most famous (I'm speaking relatively, of course) for having a mega-spat with Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel Prize-winning economist who slagged off the World Bank and the IMF.

Personally I'm always very suspicious of supposedly very clever people who are apparently unable to tie their ties properly.

Who cares? Normally I wouldn't have troubled you with him, but I happened across this photo of Ken taken a loooong time ago -- and, I have to say, I was instantly smitten:


What is it with me and chess geeks?

But Ken was a good-looking chap back in the day. I would have done him in a heartbeat...

1 comment:

Tom said...

You know you just can't resist his giant, pulsating, throbbing, neoliberal brain.