Wednesday 26 May 2010

The punishment should fit the crime

I think people who wear sunglasses on top of their heads are committing a serious crime against fashion.


Actually, I'm not wild about people who wear dungarees, either, outside of the boiler room.


I would go so far as to say sunglasses people should be severely punished while dungarees people should be moderately punished. And I can think of worse ways than this: making dungarees people be the guinea pigs on which the sunglasses people have to do dirty work:


Oh... nasty ceiling tiles.

Anyway, somehow that doesn't seem enough... there should be more punishment to compensate society for the full horror of having to see adults abusing sunglasses:


In fact, I think some sort of corporal-/pain-based-punishment should be used:


Ouch. That'll teach him.


I think they both look suitably chastened after that rigmarole.

I suspect they won't do it again.

3 comments:

Jim in SC said...

Oh! I just love your narrative! It fits the scene so well...

Anonymous said...

Talk about crimes against fashion, what about crimes against interior design. What is that chair thing in the last shot? Having to sit on that uncomfortable looking thing could be another punsishement if they do 'do it again'!

sticks said...

Such an concise, detailed and thoughtful article on the relationship between punishment and crime should be compulsory reading for all lawyers and judges.