Tuesday 20 April 2010

Gotcha!

From what I could gather, the chap in the blue T-shirt in the middle of this photo had been placed under citizen's arrest by all the other chaps standing around -- the guys wearing the Sports Direct uniforms.


When I took the photo he was engaged in an attempt to reassert his status by making passive-aggressive demands. I assumed -- although he is, of course, innocent unless proven guilty -- that the shop chaps thought he was a shoplifter, and they'd set off in hot pursuit.

Which puzzled me: if you're going to be a shoplifter, surely it's a very bad idea to target a shop which will employ large numbers of fit, sporty, competitive types, who would leap at the chance of apprehending someone they think is running off having nicked stuff?

If it were me I'd target wool-shops. Or National Trust Tea-shops. Anywhere staffed by little old ladies, basically.

Does that make me a bad person?

2 comments:

sticks said...

You must be a little bit evil to think those dastardly thoughts!

But I was wondering more about the intelligence which would make someone run along what is clearly a (well?) used railway line to escape from pursuers!

nitrox11 said...

However, they are all equally as daft as each other. If the security guards think that rescuing the price of a pair of Nike trainers is worth getting pulped by a train for, then they must have pretty shitty lives.

Unless of course they checked the timetable before venturing onto the track....