Thursday 24 June 2010

All red hat and nae knickers *

Just in case you hate the World Naked Bike Ride (what sort of a pervert are you?) and thought my mega-post the other day was the end of this year's coverage, it is time to disabuse you.


I said I'd return to the England flag we saw in that post (or should that be "Inn-gerr-la-and"?), and here it is again, being prepared for photographic prop-ness:


The result is, of course, truly magnificent:


I'm very taken indeed with blue sock boy, so the fact I have another photo of him with the famous flag is just jolly good luck:


Although I wouldn't have let the absence of the flag prevent me from exposing him further:


I also remarked on the numerous appearances of red hat boy -- so here's another image which, I have to say, is a pretty bloody impressive portrait for a bit of snatched street photography:


He really seemed to be everywhere if you take the published photos as any guide -- in fact, have another look at the first photo in this post before feasting your eyes on the last one:


I think that conveys rather well the innocent-but-slightly-naughty, joyous exuberance of the event. Very nice.

And yes, there's still a lot more to come...

* Yes, yes, I know it should be "All fur coat...", but that wouldn't have worked, would it? You try thinking of witty titles for these posts.

4 comments:

nyc Steve said...

wWhy do they seem to use the flag of St George and not the Union Jack?

LeDuc said...

The Union Jack is the flag of the United Kingdom, but each of the four constituent nations has its own flag -- eg, St Andrew's cross (or the Saltire) for Scotland, and the St George's cross for England. Various bits of most of these flags were put together to make the Union Jack (I'm sure I posted a graphic sometime in the distant past showing how that worked).

So, just as some Scots always use the Saltire rather than the Union Jack for nationalistic reasons (much more so than in England, actually), some English people choose to use the England flag.

Since the World Cup is currently underway (and uniquely the UK has four teams, each representing one of its four nations, not by a single national UK team), the individual national flags may be more prevalent at the moment.

nyc steve said...

Thanks Leduc for explaining that

Stewart Jackel said...

I'm pleased to note that the more mature person, such myself whose 6-pack - if ever one had one - has migrated well and truly south, are not debarred from the LWNBR. However, I do appreciate your journalistic coverage of the event on aesthetic (not salacious, oh no!) grounds. All those pattable tunnies! Noice!