Friday 4 June 2010

Broken

Even though he absolutely murdered the movie adaptation of Waterland, one of my favourite novels, I have a soft spot for Ethan Hawke.


It's probably something to do with seeing Dead Poets Society at an impressionable age, or some such.


But even my soft spot was insufficient to see me through Daybreakers, an utterly appalling "horror" movie.


I love a good vampire film, I really do.

And I may even have been swayed by the poster, which I found mesmerisingly enticing:


But, honestly, this was complete pants. Really, it was utter garbage -- almost as bad a film as Ethan's mangled Waterland.


In fact, I'm slight shocked at how bad a film it is.


I did notice it also featured Michael Dorman, though:


He wasn't too shabby, I thought. Although there were no kit-off moments in the film, sad to say, which might have distracted from the horror.

And I don't mean "horror" in a good way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a star. But I have to say I really enjoyed daybreakers.

Salem's Lot anyone?

;-)

x