Sunday 27 December 2009

More, more, more

Since no-one expressed any great enthusiasm for my recent post of my own photographic art, I thought you ought to have a bit more. This stuff can grow on you...?


Most of the images were, you'll recall, taken in London in 1995 or thereabouts.


The idea -- entirely novel, of course -- was to focus more on the detailed elements of the city, the grouting, as it were, rather than the grand architectural statements.


Although clearly I utterly failed to stick to my own brief.


I was particularly taken with plastic decorative elements -- sculptures and signage, for instance.


And I had a rather creepy, Goth-like enthusiasm for a good memorial.


This is a detail of a building in which I lived for the rest of the 1990s:


No, not in all of it, obviously. But then I found out Janet Street-Porter lived just around the corner, so I had to move.


That last was in Edinburgh. Bonus points for the smarty-pants Sassenach (Scots are disqualified) who can name the Scot with whom it's most commonly associated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are delightful pictures, and please keep showing us them. That's the David Hume monument in the Old Calton graveyard in Edinburgh, but I'm a Scot, so I'm disqualified.

thisisaname said...

I find Janet Street Porter somewhat endearing, in an odd sort of way, if only because he drives Gordon Ramsay (who I also love) up the wall.