Thursday 1 July 2010

The longest day

I know I promised we'd probably had our last visit to this year's World Naked Bike Ride, but how could I resist this utterly gorgeous man:


... and anyway, the fact is I haven't lied. These images are, apparently, from this year's Fremont Solstice Parade.


You see -- not everyone's on a bike:


Here's the wonderful back view, incidentally, of that marvellously inventive "costume":


In fact, that's one of the aspects of this event I particularly like -- the way almost everyone seems to use body-paint to create a costume:


[Wasn't his winkie just the most adorable thing ever?!]

Although the chaps in this final image just seem to have painted themselves blue:


Not that I'm complaining, you understand. No indeed.

3 comments:

Stewart Jackel said...

They're Saxons! It's wode. It never fails to repell boarders.
It works like this: the invaders are mesmerised by the lovely blue wnkies. While they are standing there, salivating, other blue buggers sneak up from behind and stick a dagger up their bum. They're buggered! This war-like act is now seen in its vistigial form in rugby, hence rugger buggers.

This is an absolutely fabulous collection darling. Thank you for the joy it brings.

NYC Steve said...

The Blue guys were probably painting themselves to look clike the men in the movie Avatar.dipithr

LeDuc said...

Saxons was an inventive idea but I suspect NYC Steve has got the correct provenance. I had forgotten Avatar.