Sunday 29 November 2009

Watching, man

Yesterday I started watching Watchmen. I knew it was a mistake within about five minutes, but I persevered for about an hour before retiring, hurt.


In fact, it is true to say that I have derived infinitely more pleasure out of the four photos shown here (of this fine chap dressed-up as Dr Manhattan at the Fremont Solstice Parade) than I have from the entire experience so far of viewing Watchmen.


This fine-looking man exhibits a mastery of story and character that seems far beyond the people involved in making the film.


His sense of visual poetry is also vastly more obvious, while the drama he brings to even the most everyday of actions speaks volumes:


Yeah, I know which one I'd rather be watching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of your rather engaging blog called Friends from Blood and Custard April with those rather fine painted chaps - worthy of repeat or new ones here?

Niall said...

Sexy looking even when painted in electric blue. He is hot! :-P

Chris said...

He's adorable!