Wednesday 10 February 2010

Pride... fall... you fill in the gaps

I was feeling immensely smug with my own cleverness at blagging my way into an advance screening of uber-director Paul Greengrass's latest hot project -- the Matt Damon vehicle/topical Iraq War film Green Zone.


I am a huge fan of previous work by the Greengrass/Damon combo, and, in fact, of every film Greengrass has ever made.


After the enjoyable (but, in my view, over-hyped) The Hurt Locker, I was looking forward to a change of pace, a darker and more nuanced view of the current conflict.


Alas, when I took my seat I discovered it was such an utterly bad one that, when viewing the cinema screen, it actually appeared to be taller than it was wide.

Not wishing to insult Maestro Greengrass by watching his carefully composed shots in such appalling conditions I made my excuses, as they used to say, and left, not having watched a single frame. Damnit.


For those of you who now wish to see more of Matt Damon, I can only add that there appears to be an awful lot more of him to see now.


As my regular readers will know, I like a bit of heft. Matt is now giving us heft in spades.


Mmm... meaty goodness.

Er... I'll report on Green Zone when I've actually seen it. Promise.

No comments: