Sunday 12 September 2010

Hom(me)age

A while back I stumbled across the photostream of a rather talented gay photographer:


He has a really interesting style. Some of his images are almost theatrical in their construction.


But he also uses Polaroids really effectively (something I've never been able to do).


This is partly helped, of course, by the presence of his gorgeous naked male models.


Yeah, that usually helps quite a lot, actually.


But his photostream also features images taken by other photographers in which he is the model.


He is as interesting as a model as he is as a photographer.


Although I think some of them are self-portraits -- like this delicious number:


Others are not -- this is a Spencer Tunnick:


He always seems to look very, very serious:


But he seems utterly fearless -- he seems completely naked in every sense in this image:


Let's finish with his most recent work in New York, which includes this delightful take on the traditional tourist shot:


Being the pervert I am, I couldn't resist a bit of touching-up:


Which should in no way detract from his genius as a photographer. I wish I had his talent.

3 comments:

Niall said...

Nice assortment. I do love outdoor pics. I like how the railings cast shadows onto his body in the last two.

Anonymous said...

would you share where this great photostream is?

LeDuc said...

It's here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kargaltsev/